The Age of Legends
- Her original name was Lillen Moiral.
- A Moghedien is a little spider from the Age of Legends.
- The Forsaken call her the Spider sometimes (which is really just a translation).
- In the Age of Legends she was an advisor of investments where she frequently overstepped ethical boundaries and was disciplined.
- She turned to the Shadow during the Collapse and long before the War of Power began.
- Before the War of Power she held a medium-level position in Lews Therin’s cabinet, where she acted as a master saboteur and instigator of several major disasters.
- She says that Lews Therin was an arrogant man who stank of piety and goodness.
The War of Power
- She was revealed as a minion of the Shadow, and barely managed to escape – setting up a public transport disaster as a diversion which killed thousands of innocent people.
- She headed the main spy network of the Shadow during the War of Power. Balthamel was the other Forsaken who had an effective network which competed with hers.
- Although she wasn’t a general, her plans lead to the deaths of as many people as any of the generals of the Shadow.
- Her statements imply that she was present when Paaren Disen fell, and at another area of conflict called the Asar Don.
Since being released
- She disguised herself as a servant, Gyldin, in Tanchico – where she hid her ability but did not use an Illusion. During this time she tracked both the Black Ajah, Nynaeve and Elayne. Her primary target was the male a’dam to leash Rand al’Thor.
- She dueled Nynaeve in the Palace in Tanchico, where she was defeated and shielded. She escaped by unravelling her tied-off shield.
- She later defeated Nynaeve in Tel’aran’rhiod and was on the verge of Compelling Nynaeve to capture Elayne too, when Birgitte shot her in the chest with a silver arrow. Moghedien pushed Birgitte out of Tel’aran’rhiod permanently. Chesmal Healed Moghedien in the real world.
- Liandrin tried to use her half-trained Compulsion on Moghedien at this point, and was shielded with a complex shield which Moghedien claimed only the Forsaken knew how to unravel.
- Moghedien was later defeated again and placed in an a’dam in Tel’aran’rhiod. Nynaeve used Moghedien’s own strength to burn Rahvin. Moghedien was actually in Salidar and from then on became Nynaeve and Egwene’s prisoner.
- She taught Nynaeve and Elayne some weaves, but at the same time sabotaged their efforts and taught them a lot of rubbish too.
- Moghedien was freed by Aran’gar and went to Shayol Ghul where she was mindtrapped. Her mindtrap is held by Moridin.
- Some of her punishment included imprisonment in a vacuole, a recurring nightmare, and the attentions of Shadar Haran.
- She is indirectly responsible for breaking Nynaeve’s block after attempting to balefire her.
- Graendal was worried that Moghedien would want to exact revenge on her for using Compulsion on her.
- Moghedien spent most of the Cleansing of Saidin hidden behind a hill where she did almost nothing. She was then pulled into the huge vortex which occurred when the dome around Shadar Logoth collapsed. KoD suggests that she wasn’t harmed.
- She now only wears red and black.
- She hasn’t said a word (that we’ve seen) since WH.
As an Individual
- She is a natural coward, and is not ashamed of the fact – but has rather turned it to her advantage.
- She was, however, jealous of those who were brave and could move against their enemies openly. According to Graendal she hated anyone who had more than her, from strength to anything at all really.
- She never confronts her enemies openly, unless she is vastly superior or is forced to.
- She could apparently hold a grudge until the Wheel of Time stopped turning.
- She is not described as good-looking, but often as regal or handsome.
- It is theorized that she is the weakest Forsaken in the One Power. She mentions to the Dark One that she was often ignored in the War of Power because she was not seen as a threat. She was also apparently looked down upon by several of the Forsaken and some of her enemies, until they died by her treacherous hands. Graendal said that Cyndane was much stronger than her in raw strength.
- She possesses the most powerful Talent for Tel’aran’rhiod known, where she surpasses any of the Forsaken. She attempted to trap Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod by using a very complex scenario of Emond's Field. Egwene managed to elude the trap.
- She implies that she cannot Heal well, and she wishes her abilities with Compulsion were better. She had basic knowledge on how to make cuendillar.
Image property of Dabel Brothers.