Monday, August 31, 2009
Some readers have expressed interest in having us host their Wheel of Time theories. With the recent demise of Wotmania we've also had a few queries about hosting their theories from the Theory Post here.
Well, we've decided to create the Readers' Corner for this.
From now on, feel free to send your The Gathering Storm (and AMOL as a whole) theories to Zemaille, at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to add it to give it a page and index it in the Readers' Corner.
Here are a few guidelines:
- Please let us know under what name/alias you wish to be credited for the theory. If you have a link to a google account or website you wish us to add to it, let us know explicitly, as otherwise we won't add it (nor publish your email address).
- Both Linda and I are fairly busy people. The articles and the Read-throughs are eating up a very great deal of our time. For this reason, we cannot offer to provide any editing. We will briefly review the theories sent, and publish them as is. Occasionally, we might ask you to clarify something, or to revise spelling etc., but that's as far as we can afford as far as editing go. Theories will not however be judged for content. Others will tell you if they're right or wrong ;)
- The theories need to be developed - and if you can support your points with quotes and examples, all the better. We won't accept one liners and such. You have a theory that Egwene won't be Amyrlin of the united tower,take the time to develop and exlain why you think so. If your theories about TGS are more of the "one line predictions" type, preserve them for now. Very soon, we will hold at the Blog a 'foretelling challenge', first with 3 predictions for the TGS prologue, and later in September we'll start the big one, 10 predictions for TGS itself. We will post our own predictions, and the challenge will be open to everyone (unless you happen to be Jason from DM, in which case you're DISQUALIFIED! Reading the book before everyone else.... sheesh! Oh, and Brandon you're DISQUALIFIED too - you wanted to write the book, you're out, big fan or not (ps: posting your list as Scalzi won't work either. Don't try under Kelsier and such either, we happened to have read your books). And Harriet too, we love you, but you're out of the challenge. Tom, Dot and co. at Tor? ALL DISQUALIFIED. :P)
- It doesn't matter to us if your post your theory exclusively here, or if it's something you've posted elsewhere on a MB and such. It's important that you are the rightful author of the theory, though. In case of problem with this, the theory will be deleted.
- You can also send us old Theory Post entries, if you want to have them here, for old time's sake. They have to be your own theories, of course, not entries by other people. There are no plans to host the Theory Post as a whole here (though someone suggested it), we don't have permission from the authors nor Mike for this, and no intention to seek it. It seems probable readandfindout.com, the new site on which the Wotmania communities moved, brings back the Theory Post archives at some later point.
So, theorize away guys and gals. We will add the Reader's Corner panel on the left side when (if?) we post the first submission.