Friday, April 16, 2010
Old Salt also cooked up a difficult quiz for the New York booksigning.
1) What is the name of the Aiel grub that is sweet and crunchy and has been compared to an apple?
a) Gara b) Jegal c) Motai d) Carfar e) Dornat
2) Moiraine frequently wears a blue stone in the middle of her forehead. What is it called?
a) Ki’sain b) Keseira c) Cueran d) Hadori e) Miyora
3) Who has invented hang gliding at Rand’s Cairhien Academy?
a) Maryl Harke b) Marvin Poel c) Rian Anhara d) Niko Tokama d) Myriam Copan
4) Which is NOT a Sea Folk Vessel class?
a) Darter b) Soarer c) Skimmer d) Sculler e) Raker
5) Aethan Dor are an Aiel Society. What is the common translation of their name?
a) Mountain Dancers b) Night Spears c) Thunder Walkers d) True Bloods e) Red Shields
6) Tam taught Rand a concentration technique he called “the flame and the void” What do the Malkeri call it?
a) the Oneness b) Ko’di c) N’tari d) the Stillness e) Tcheran
7) What is the title of the Yellow Ajah head?
a) Head Clerk b) First Weaver c) Highest d) First Selector e) First Reasoner
8) One of Mat’s favorite meals is an Ebou Dari dish called Gilded Fish. What real world fish would it mostly resemble?
a) Stripped Bass b) Red Snapper c) Sword Fish d) Sole e) Mackerel
9) The Hills of Absher are in what country?
a) Andor b) Altara c) Cairhien d) Murandy e) Arad Doman
10) Which one of these countries is NOT a member of the Compact of 10 Nations?
a) Eharon b) Safer c) Jaramide d) Shiota e) Aelgar
Here are the answers to Old Salt's Goldilocks quiz that I posted yesterday: 1 c, 2 d, 3 b, 4 e, 5 b, 6 c, 7 a, 8 d, 9 c, 10 b
Posted by Linda at 5:51 AM