Return to Main Index
Go to the Characters A-J Main Index
Go to the Characters K-Z Main Index
Nationality: Rand is of Aiel and Andoran origins. He was raised in the Two Rivers.
- Rand's ancestry, his connections to noble families of Andor and Cairhien: Family Tree of Houses Damodred, Mantear and Trakand (illustration)
- Into the Woods motif
- Lands of the Dragon Reborn (with map)
- Rand's Symbols
Attack on Rand in Cairhien
Egwene’s belief Rand knows Compulsion
Egwene’s lack of appreciation of Rand’s ta’veren effect
Ishamael came to taunt Lews Therin in the prologue of Eye of The World
Ishamael vs Rand - Confrontations of the Champions
Ishamael’s claim that the Creator’s champion defected to the Shadow
Ishamael's Manipulation of Rand
Ishamael’s temptation of Rand
Lanfear’s Dragon Fang on Rand
Lanfear’s temptation of Rand
Lews Therin Telamon's suicide
Logain's warning to Rand about Taim
The Maiming of Rand
Osan’gar’s attack on Rand in Cairhien
Rand and Lews Therin messianic roles
Rand and the Bubbles of Evil
Rand and Warder bond
Rand as Fisher piece in Sha’rah
Rand as Lord of Chaos
Rand, attitude to Two Rivers of
Rand, Inspiration for
Rand is an archetypal messiah figure
Rand is Creator’s champion
Rand thought he raped Min
Rand’s attack on Rahvin
Rand’s belief about Asmodean
Rand’s death and Shadow’s victory
Rand's development in the first three books
Rand's duel with Ishamael in Tear
Rand's link with Moridin
Rand's other lives in If Worlds
Rand's role in The Fires of Heaven
Rand's role in the in first three books
Rand's Search for his True Path
Slayer's attempts to kill Rand
Rand's visions of Mat and Perrin
Rand's visions of Moridin
The Wounding of Rand
- Andoran Forces
- Asha’man Forces
- The Band of the Red Hand
- Cairhienin Forces
- Ghealdanin Forces
- Illianer Forces
- The Legion of the Dragon
- Masema’s Army
- Perrin’s Army
- Rand’s Aiel
- Saldean Light Cavalry
- Sea Folk Forces
- Tairen Forces
Rand’s Warder bond
Taim’s search for Rand in Lord of Chaos
White Tower schism is fortunate for Rand
Character Parallels for Rand – (full article)
Discussion of Rand's names and titles in the Rand Essay
- Sir Balin and Sir Pellam -- (Parallel of Ishamael injuring Rand)
- Possible sources for this character’s name
Onset of Rand's channelling (Full article)
- First time Rand channelled
- First time Rand sensed a woman channel
- First time Rand sensed Shadowspawn
- Rand summoned the Eye of the World
Prophecies related to Rand:
- The Aelfinn's Answers to Rand’s questions
- Egwene’s dreams about Rand
- Elaida's Foretelling on Rand and the Future of Andor
- Elaida's Foretelling about the Royal House of Andor and the Last Battle
- Elaida's Foretelling about Rand and the future of the White and Black Towers
- Min’s viewing of a cavern, blood-stained rocks and two dead men with Trollocs around Rand
- Min’s viewing of a sword that isn't a sword, a golden crown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, Rand pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and a white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with Rand on it, black rock wet with blood and lightning around Rand in Rand’s future
- Min’s viewing of blood, death, the One Power, Aes Sedai and Rand all in the one place at the same time
- Min's viewing of Dragonmount in shadows about Rand
- Min’s viewing of fireflies consumed in darkness, three women before a pyre, flashes of light, darkness, shadow, signs of death, crowns, injuries, pain and hope and a tempest around Rand
- Min’s viewing of Rand wielding Callandor against a black sword and of a black hand holding Callandor
- Min’s viewing that Alivia will help Rand die
- Min’s viewing that Aviendha will have four of Rand’s babies at once
- Min’s viewing that Dobraine is essential to Rand
- Min’s viewing that Egwene and Rand won’t marry
- Min’s viewing that Egwene is linked to Rand, and Perrin, and Mat, and Galad in the future
- Min’s viewing that Elayne will have Rand’s twins – a boy and a girl
- Min’s viewing that Logain is essential to Rand
- Min’s viewing that Merana, Alanna, Bera, Rafela and Faeldrin will keep their word to serve Rand
- Min’s viewing that Rand may lose an arm rather than hurt Min
- Min’s viewing that Rand merges with another man and only one of them lives
- Min’s viewing that Rand will fail without Moiraine
- Min’s viewing that Sorilea, Erian, Elza, Beldeine, Sarene and Nesune will each serve Rand
- Min’s viewing that three women will love Rand
- Min’s viewing that twice Perrin has to be there to save Rand
- Min’s viewing that women who can channel will hurt Rand more than once
- Min’s viewings of Rand and those with him battling with the Shadow, which tries to swallow everyone
- Nicola Treehill's Foretelling about Rand and the fate of the world
- Nicola Treehill's Foretellings about 'Nine Impossible Things'
- Perrin seeing in Tel’aran’rhiod Rand’s battle against despair and his epiphany
- Perrin's Wolf-Dream vision about Rand among stormwinds containing dragons
- Perrin's Wolf-Dream vision about Rand as the Fisher King/beggar
- Prophecy that as the Seals weaken the Dragon Reborn shall become winter’s heart and ride a black horse named Death.
- Prophecy that as the Shadow rises the Dragon shall be reborn of the Maiden, and shall stretch forth his hands to catch the Shadow, and the world shall scream in the pain of salvation
- Prophecy that at Tarmon Gai’don the Dragon Reborn will face the Shadow and bring forth Light again in the world.
- Prophecy that blind Rand will stand on his own grave and see again and weep
- Prophecy that order burns to clear the Dragon Reborn’s path.
- Prophecy that the blood of the Dragon Reborn on the rocks of Shayol Ghul will free mankind from the Shadow.
- Prophecy that the Dragon brought pain but repaired the wound
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn is Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn, marked and bleeding, chains the Shadowsworn to his will and leads the spears to war while making them see the truth
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn must bind the nine moons to him.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn must bow before the Crystal Throne
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn must kneel before the Crystal Throne before Tarmon Gai'don, or all is lost.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn must kneel to the Crystal Throne before Tarmon Gai'don.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn using Callandor is mentioned in the Prophecies and the Choedan Kal are not
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will be sent in to duel with the Dark One by the Empress
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will be unfettered and his passing chaotic
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will hold a blade of light and the three shall be one.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn’s blood on the rock of Shayol Ghul will free men from the Shadow on a day that dawns twice
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn’s blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul washes away the Shadow; a sacrifice for man's salvation.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn shall break the lives of men and bring destruction and war. He shall wear a crown of swords.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn shall come like the breaking dawn shattering the world and making it anew.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn shall tie the north to the east, and the west shall be bound to the south.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn thrusts his sword into the heart and someone else will draw it out and follow after
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will be marked four times, twice to live, and twice to die
- Prophecy that theDragon Reborn will be of the ancient blood and raised by the old blood
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will break all oaths, shatter all ties.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will break the nations, shatter the world, slay his people with the sword of peace, and destroy them with the leaf, bind the nine moons to serve him, heal a wound of madness and cutting of hope, break chains and put people into chains.
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will bring a new Breaking to the world
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will die to save the world
- Prophecy that the Dragon Reborn will proclaim himself in the sky above the watchers
- Prophecy that the Dragon shall be reborn on the slopes of Dragonmount to a maiden wedded to no man.
- Prophecy that the Dragon will be reborn many times and change people’s lives
- Prophecy that the Dragon will be reborn on the slopes of Dragonmount
- Prophecy that the Dragon will be reborn to face the Shadow and break the world again. His blood will save the world.
- Prophecy that the fires burn again as the Dragon Reborn comes and there is no is no salvation without destruction, no hope this side of death.
- Prophecy that the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. He conquers in pride and forces the proud to yield He needs to remember tears and love.
- Prophecy that the Stone of Tear can never fall until Callandor is wielded by the Dragon Reborn.
- Prophecy that the Stone will never fall till the Sword that Cannot Be Touched is wielded by the Dragon's hand.
Character Parallels for Lews Therin – (full article)
Discussion of Lews Therin's names and titles in the Lews Therin essay
Possible sources for Lews Therin's name