Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Arthurian Myth Essays Updated



By Linda

It's been a while - three weeks or so - since I posted any updates, but that's because I've been working hard at researching and editing the two essays on the Arthurian influences in the Wheel of Time beautifully written by my good friend MJJ Sedai back in Wotmania days. I've added a lot of new material, and made a few deletions of outdated speculation and together the essays now total 30,000 words. Hence the slight delay. The essays are more balanced, just as the series is more balanced, with the increased on-screen parts played by the Forsaken in A Memory of Light. The villians feature as much as the heroes do.

The first essay is Matter of Britain: Arthurian Myth Parallels and the second Matter of Britain 2: An Arthurian Who's Who. I believe they are better read in that order, but it is not essential to do so.

As usual, new material is marked in bold.

No comments: