Monday, September 23, 2013

In Other News...


By Linda

In many ways this blog exists because I have a 3/4 quarter hour train commute to work. Or did. Last week, due to continued downturn in the mining industry, my position was made redundant. I'm not alone; there are others in the same position as me both within the company, and nationwide - worldwide, in fact.

I intend to continue writing, not just updates for A Memory of Light, but new articles and also restart the read-though halted late last year. Right now I don't have much spare time at all. I have to refocus my career, and find another position, perhaps - probably? - in another industry. Although I have a very stable work history, I have changed industries before. Anyway, the updates take time, as you might have noticed, and they might be further apart as my professional life takes precedence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your Hunt!

I think we can all agree that we appreciate greatly the work you put in to further this site.

-Anders

Yamezt said...

Aye, good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I soooo appreciate the work you put into this site! Thank you for your endeavor. I have been reading the WOT books for nearly a decade and I'm so happy to have a place to come read articles that keeps the world of WOT growing and alive!

Best of luck with your career! It can be very exciting to reset and start a new adventure!


Daniel

Linda said...

Thank you for your wishes. Much appreciated.